The research library started digitising its historical textbook collection in 2012 as part of a long-term project called GEI-Digital.
The GEI research library began digitising its collection of reading primers from the German imperial period in October 2017, as part of a collaborative project led by Prof. Christian Dawidowski at Osnabrück University for the research project ‘Der Islam im Deutschen Lesebuch. Eine Analyse der Islamdiskurse 1870-1918‘ (Islam in German Primers: An Analysis of Discourse on Islam 1870―1918).
Through its research and description of interpretive patterns this joint project contributes significantly to a phenomenographic study of ‘Muslim foreigners’. This investigates whether current images of Islam can be decoded as products of historical scholastic mediation processes.
- GEI-Digital http://gei-digital.gei.de/viewer/
- Der Islam im Deutschen Lesebuch. Eine Analyse der Islamdiskurse 1870-1918
- Anke Hertling (Projektleitung)
- Sebastian Klaes (Projektkoordination)
- Philip Burkhardt (SHK)
- Jessica Martensen (WHK)
- Ulrich Pramme
- Claudia Schmitz
- Nadine Towara
- 2017 - 2020
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)